X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F650GS Service Manual

F650GS Service Manual = http://www.otc-mc.org/%7E197/mc/F650GS_EU.pdf
    (This is a 26 megabyte file)

It is a PDF, so instead of simply clicking it, you may want to Right-click and choose to save it to your hard drive.

If the link stops working, let me know and I will host the file on my server.

CS: http://bmw.k100rs.free.fr/files/repa...%20-%20ENG.pdf

For some reason, this is a whopping 45 MB.
    Follow my 2018-19 Pan American adventure on www.AdvThor.com

Comment

Service manual for Dakar?

Does anyone know where I can get an electronic copy of a 2001 F650GS Dakar service manual?

Comment

Re: Service manual for Dakar?

Originally posted by sellmeyer
        Does anyone know where I can get an electronic copy of a 2001 F650GS Dakar service manual?
        That's it above.

Comment

not Dakar?

The first one is for the standard GS and the second link looks to be for the CS.

I know that the dakar and GS are very similar but there are differences. None of the tables of data that I referenced in the first link applied to the Dakar.

-so I'm still looking for a Dakar-specific tech book, right?

Comment

The only difference between the Dakar and the standard GS is the suspension. As far as any service you will be doing yourself (you can't \'service,\' i.e. rebuild, the rear shock yourself - not that anyone in his right mind would rebuild that shock), the only applicable difference will be how you change the fork oil (the caps on the tops of the forks are different on the Dakar), and you can find all that material in the FAQ's. As far as anything else you will be doing with the manual, the bikes are the same.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Helmethead,

I had already picked up on the subtle differences with the top caps on the fork and thought that there might be more buried in there somewhere; I guess not. So thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Curious to know if there are any errata to the manual (e.g. tightening torques, etc).

Comment

Very good question! Such changes are published in Service Bulletins, and you will find most (?) of them mysteriously tucked away as Index of /BMW Recalls. Probably also in the FAQ.

Off the top of my head, highlights are:

- New and \'easier\' valve clearance specs
                  - Slight change in torque values
                  - Slight change in service intervals, e.g. fuel filter (24K miles in stead of 12)

Comment

The Dakar manual was released a month later than the \'regular\' GS one and are 49Mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/99950972/30ebkg2.pdf

Comment

Re: F650GS Service Manual

Any link where to download the GS owner's/rider's manual? not the service manual.

Comment

It does not 'tell' much- but if a 2001 GS/ GS Dakar owners manual can do I will scan mine and upload it

Comment

that would be perfect haakon! i recently bought an 02 GS but didn't come with a manual or anything, i really need one to get me familiarized with the bike.
                          thanks in advance!

Comment

It's only $28 at the dealer. http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1730

Comment

Bimmer... I will get it done this weekend and notify you

Comment

Working...
                              X