Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F 650 ( 1999) manual

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F 650 ( 1999) manual

    Hi to all of you,
    I'm calling from Italy ( and a new comer ! ).
    I'm having great trouble over here to find the 650 F manual of the 1999 model. Is there anybody who can help in tracing or downloading it ?
    Thanks a million in advance and I wish you nice rides !

    Ciao !!! :

  • #2
    OOOPPPSSS ! : I also forgot, thanks for the GOOGLE VIDEOS on TECHNICAL DEMOS !!
    Grazie

    Comment


    • #3
      You might want to look at this. This might help...

      http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/mc/F650GS_EU.pdf

      Comment


      • #4
        Re:

        Originally posted by bmwgsrider
        You might want to look at this. This might help...
        http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/mc/F650GS_EU.pdf
        The '99 model has carburetors. It was designed and built by Aprilia and has few parts in common with the fuel injected model that was designed and built (apparently by accountants) in Germany.

        Ricpan, if you can get your hands on a manual for an Aprilia Pegaso that has carburetors, most of the manual will be very close to what your bike is. The head on the Pegaso is different, though.

        I know of no service manual for the Classic F650 available on line. That would be a copyright violation that BMW would not allow.

        If you mean the owner's manual, it is unnecessary. It can probably still be purchased from the dealer for about 20 Euros (just like the more EXPEN$IVE $ervice Manual). Parts fiches are available online, a page at a time. Which manual did you want?[/u]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: F 650 ( 1999) manual

          Originally posted by ricpan
          Hi to all of you,
          I'm calling from Italy ( and a new comer ! ).
          I'm having great trouble over here to find the 650 F manual of the 1999 model. Is there anybody who can help in tracing or downloading it ?
          Thanks a million in advance and I wish you nice rides !

          Ciao !!! :
          I have 1 Clymer manual for sale,...for models 1994-2000, its brand new,...never been used !

          I can send it to Italy.

          GMV

          Comment


          • #6
            Re:

            Originally posted by Flash 412 (CO)
            Originally posted by bmwgsrider
            You might want to look at this. This might help...
            http://www.otc-mc.org/~197/mc/F650GS_EU.pdf
            The '99 model has carburetors. It was designed and built by Aprilia and has few parts in common with the fuel injected model that was designed and built (apparently by accountants) in Germany.

            Ricpan, if you can get your hands on a manual for an Aprilia Pegaso that has carburetors, most of the manual will be very close to what your bike is. The head on the Pegaso is different, though.

            I know of no service manual for the Classic F650 available on line. That would be a copyright violation that BMW would not allow.

            If you mean the owner's manual, it is unnecessary. It can probably still be purchased from the dealer for about 20 Euros (just like the more EXPEN$IVE $ervice Manual). Parts fiches are available online, a page at a time. Which manual did you want?[/u]

            Thanks Flash! I know the 99 is the carb... However, I did not know that the PDF file was FI only... Now I know! Thanks!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks to all of you,
              GVC ( from Portugal ) do you mind sending me the first page with contents of your manual and the price ?
              <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Ric@travelingfriends.it">Ric@travelin gfriends.it</a><!-- e -->

              Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Re:

                Originally posted by ricpan
                Thanks to all of you,
                GVC ( from Portugal ) do you mind sending me the first page with contents of your manual and the price ?
                <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Ric@travelingfriends.it">Ric@travelin gfriends.it</a><!-- e -->

                Thanks

                Ok, here it is:

                ...'....This repair manual covers BMW F650 Funduro 1994-1996 (UK), F650ST 1997 (US), F650 Strada 1997-1999 (UK), F650 1997-2000 (US &amp; UK), and F650 Strada SE 2000 (UK).

                Table of Contents
                General info | Troubleshooting | Lubrication, maintenance and tune-up | Engine top-end | Engine lower-end | Clutch | Transmission and gearshift mechanism | Fuel, exhaust and emission control systems | Electrical system | Cooling system | Wheels, hubs, tires and drive chain | Front suspension and steering | Rear suspension | Brakes | Body | Wiring Diagrams.

                Clymer motorcycle repair manuals can save you money on maintenance and repair bills. Step-by-step procedures and detailed illustrations guide you through every job, from maintenance and troubleshooting, all the way to complete teardown and rebuild........'.

                Ill email you as soon as arrive home,..with more details.

                GMV

                Comment


                • #9
                  i stopped by the local bmw dealer when they sold me a used shim for my valve check/adjustment and they did not have factory manuals. they had a clymers on the shelf and said bmw was putting their manuals onto cd-s.

                  i'd be interested in getting a hard copy of the factory manual for my 99 classic - anyone out there with suggestions?

                  is the manual needed, given the richness of the FAQ?

                  ferenc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: F 650 ( 1999) manual

                    Originally posted by ricpan
                    Hi to all of you,
                    I'm calling from Italy ( and a new comer ! ).
                    I'm having great trouble over here to find the 650 F manual of the 1999 model. Is there anybody who can help in tracing or downloading it ?
                    Thanks a million in advance and I wish you nice rides !

                    Ciao !!! :
                    libreriauniversitaria.it has the English Clymers for your bike:

                    http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/..._1994-2000.htm

                    It is the same repair manual that I have as well as probably 50% of other Classic F650 owners.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ciao Riccardo. I do not have the part number of the BMW manual, like Flash says it is expensive. But the Microfiche version is 01 51 9 799 671 if you have access to a microfiche reader. I have one at my local library which prints, and I print off those pages I need for very little money.

                      Price marked on my copy is 16.90 Euro.

                      I at one time investigated making a .pdf file of this, but the technology of microfiche readers is so poor the image quality sucked. And it would have cost more than the BMW price for the book.

                      One thing to note: BMW version is written with mechanics in mind. It's the \'Workshop Manual\' and it assumes a high level of knowlege. Clymer is probably more information for novice/not so experienced mechanic.

                      btw, where in Italy?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re:

                        Originally posted by dlearl
                        I at one time investigated making a .pdf file of this, but the technology of microfiche readers is so poor the image quality sucked. And it would have cost more than the BMW price for the book.
                        Hmmm... the local university has a fiche to pdf reader/printer. IIRC, I have a service manual fiche, too. Maybe I should do that someday, for my own use, of course, to make it portable, like on a memory stick. Yeah, that's what I mean...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re:

                          Originally posted by Flash 412 (CO)
                          Maybe I should do that someday, for my own use, of course, to make it portable, like on a memory stick. Yeah, that's what I mean...
                          That's a good idea! Don't forget to back it up too, preferebly in multiple off-site locations. World wide would be best to assure your valuable data is safe.
                          1997 Transmongified ST iNaranjas! ​C.A.P.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re:

                            Originally posted by Flash 412 (CO)
                            Originally posted by dlearl
                            I at one time investigated making a .pdf file of this, but the technology of microfiche readers is so poor the image quality sucked. And it would have cost more than the BMW price for the book.
                            Hmmm... the local university has a fiche to pdf reader/printer. IIRC, I have a service manual fiche, too. Maybe I should do that someday, for my own use, of course, to make it portable, like on a memory stick. Yeah, that's what I mean...
                            I think I could possibly free up some hard drive space for a back-up. For emergency use only, of course!

                            Flash, as you know the trick is the fiche-.pdf (I just saw that) my library has a fiche-printer, but no computski interface. I investigated having a pro do it, like I said, but it was 15/page and the quality sucked. (I guess the resolution on a fiche reader is such that you don't see what appear to be specks of dust that appear when you do a fiche-pdf transfer.

                            Let us know how it turns out. I think I'll call the UNLV library and see if they have such a beast. Either that or start up my ebay search again. I missed out on about 25 readers in the $25-$35 range befrore I gave up. The problem, as you probably know, the readers take up a LOT of garage counter space.

                            In a related note: My lift is being delivered tomorrow! Woo Hooo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re:

                              Originally posted by dlearl
                              Ciao Riccardo. I do not have the part number of the BMW manual, like Flash says it is expensive. But the Microfiche version is 01 51 9 799 671 if you have access to a microfiche reader. I have one at my local library which prints, and I print off those pages I need for very little money.

                              Price marked on my copy is 16.90 Euro.

                              I at one time investigated making a .pdf file of this, but the technology of microfiche readers is so poor the image quality sucked. And it would have cost more than the BMW price for the book.

                              One thing to note: BMW version is written with mechanics in mind. It's the 'Workshop Manual' and it assumes a high level of knowlege. Clymer is probably more information for novice/not so experienced mechanic.

                              btw, where in Italy?
                              Hi and thanks for replying. I ordered from Clymer the manual, I'll let you know.
                              I live in Gradara, a small town on East coast, next to Rimini.
                              Ciao

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X